Monday, November 12, 2012

Adams wrote resignation letter in January - Portland Business Journal:

ykyhola.blogspot.com
The letter appears to have beendrafted Jan. 21, the day afterf Adams addressed the media about the Breedlove Adams did not formally submit theresignation letter. Througb a spokesman, Adams declineed to comment on theresignatiomn letter. “I have taken stockl of the big mess I have Adams wrote. “It is a distraction that this city cannog afford at this time ofdeep crisis. So I have resignedf as Mayor (Jan. 21) at 3 p.m. Havintg worked closely with him formany years, I know that Interin Mayor Randy Leonard will do a grea t job.” “As I returm to private life, immediately aheads for me, I will cooperate fully with any investigation of my dealingsa with Beau Breedlove.
And I will take time off to reflecg on my poor judgment in these matterss and to fully learn all the lessona I need to learn from my In theresignation letter, Adams said Commissioner Rand Leonard had agreed to retain Adams' Late Monday, Leonard confirmed he agreed in Januaryh to retain the mayor's staff if the mayord resigned. "We talked about it, and I said I admire your I know each one of themand I'd ask them to stay," he said. Leonar said he's glad the matter is over. "I'j glad he didn't resign and I'mk really happy for Sam that this cloudf hasbeen lifted," he said.
The letterr was released by the attorney general late Inthe morning, Kroger released a report saying he woulx not file criminal charges against Adams over his relationship with former legislative intern Beau Breedlove. Kroger said his investigatores "obtained no evidence that Adams engaged in illegao sexual intercourse witha minor, committedr official misconduct, or engaged in theftt by deception." The letter was saved on a Macboook Pro, belonging to Adams, that investigators searched in March.

No comments:

Post a Comment